April is commonly asociated with spring. It is viewed as the month of growth and sun, especially in the Northeren Hemisphere. It is known for beautiful spring weather, and if we are lucky, the start of warmer weather that we have been waiting for!
The month of April gets its name from the Latin word aperio, meaning “to open [bud],” because plants really begin to grow in a lot of places.
- April is also a month full of holidays and observances…
- April 2 marks the start of Ramadan (beginning at sundown)
- April 5 is the birthday of poet William Wordsworth
- April 7 is the birthday of Leonardo da Vinci
- April 8 is the birthday of William Shakespeare
- April 10 is Palm Sunday, the Sunday before Easter, and the last Sunday of Lent
- April 15 is Good Friday
- April 15 is the start of Passover, which begins at sundown on this day
- April 17 is Easter Sunday (April 24 is Orthodox Easter)
- April 22 is Earth Day
- April 24 is the birthday of Robert B. Thomas, the founder of The Old Farmer’s Almanac
- April 29 is National Arbor Day
If you are looking for inspiration on how to make the most of April, get on the Almighty Google!
Or, if you have opportunities to use your vocation to serve and change lives, do it!
Do what floats your boat or brings you joy.
Wishing you new determinations, new passion, new dreams, and showers of blessings!