There has been a lot of media on Covid19. We have family members, relatives, friends in some of these affected areas. Some of our members travel quite a fair bit for work, vacation and so forth. We have them in our thoughts and wish well for their safety. According to the Government of Alberta, there are 29 presumptive case in Alberta and 79 cases across Canada. Although the risk is low in Alberta, let’s take responsibility as a community to maintain a safe environment for all to live. Safety begins with our actions.
We urge all of you to take safety measures such as:
- If you have the common flu or respiratory issues, seek medical help by calling 811;
- If you know of anyone who is unwell and they are unable to call, please assist to call on their behalf with their permission. (we do not want to invade their privacy either);
- If you are unwell, please stay at home for your safety and others;
- Use a surgical mask (if required), and if you have the flu or respiratory issues;
- Have good hygiene practices such as washing your hands frequently and if unable to do so have sanitizers or wipes with you;
- Use your arm to cover when you cough or sneeze;
- Avoid using your hands to touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- If you need to greet anyone for the moment, just a suggestion, please clasp your hands’ palms together or bowing to each other or the fist and palm salute like how we greet people during Chinese New Year.
For the moment, the Executive Committee has come to a conclusion that for the safety of our members, supporters and friends, we have decided to suspend all activities until further notice.
We have also cancelled our Cultural Night event for this year. If you have currently registered for any activities, you will be receiving further communication regarding crediting for the next activity. When the Covid19 has been contained or the Government of Alberta has informed that Covid19 is not an issue, we will then proceed to host our activities.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time. I wish all a safe and healthy period during the Covid19.