Category Archives: Events
Sunday, October 22, 2017
Non-members: Contact Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide me with grades K-3, 4-6, Junior High, Senior High, adults, seniors. This information will help us design a workshop that meets the needs of all ages participating. Children must participate with an adult.
If you are interested, please contact Helen at email@example.com
About the Project
WP Puppet Theatre is creating a community video of a modern day story about Canada’s new avian emblem – the Gray Jay, written by emerging author Aum Nicol. They are inviting one hundred and fifty or more, local, national and international, participants and their puppets, to read and record the story, one line at a time. Why?
They are celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation! One line for each year.
The program is suitable for children ages 5+, teens, adults and seniors. Children must participate with an adult. The WP Puppet Theatre will provide all the instruction and supplies for participants to make their own puppet in the video. The workshop is 2.5
hours long. Maximum capacity: 30 people
We would encourage and welcome participants to say the line of the story in Malay thus representing diverse Canadian culture.
All participants will be invited to a screening of the final video on Sun Nov 26th, 1-3pm at the Central Calgary Public Library. This event is open to the public so anyone from MSBCA is invited to attend. More details later.
Sunday, September 17, 2017
10:00am – 1:00pm
Lunch: Chip-in if you prefer to stay for lunch
Members: Free | Non-members: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please RSVP to Helen Ong at email@example.com
Date of commencement: Saturday, September 30
Venue: Centre for Newcomers (1010, 999 36 St NE)
Audience: Ideally, teenagers in the age bracket of 13 years to 18 years
The sessions will be held on:
Sat, Sept 30, Oct 14, 21, 28; Nov 4, 18 (2 – 4 pm)
Friday, Oct 6, Nov 10 (4:30 – 6:30 pm)
Please note: Owing to 2 long weekends on October 7 and Nov 11, sessions for those Saturdays will instead be held Friday evenings, October 6 and Nov 10.
Parents/guardians required to sign a waiver
Interested? – Contact Joyce at 403-473-8812 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Saturday September 9, 2017
Venue: Bowness Park Picnic Site #5
We will endeavour to reach out to as many volunteers as we can by the end of next week. Should we miss you, please do not hesitate to register your attendance by
Registration is mandatory to attend this event
Saturday, September 16, 2017
Meeting Place and Time:
8am at McDonald’s
8235 Bowridge Crescent NW T3B 3R6
$10 car pool fee applies
10km return, 400m elevation
For more details, contact Joyce Yit at 403-473-8812
Date: Sunday, August 27, 2017
Location: MSBCA Clubhouse – #301 – 114 3 Ave SW
Limited Servings – 25 plates
Complimentary Chinese tea
Cooks: Jesse Cheah
Price: Members – $10 / Non-Members – $12
Call or text Ah Hock at 403-880-8885 for pre-order or updates.
In accordance with the Malaysian Singaporean Bruneian Community Association bylaws (MSBCA), notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting for MSBCA (the ‘Association’) is called for and will start at 1:00pm (local time) on Saturday October 7th, 2017 at the MSBCA Clubhouse (#301, 114 – 3rd Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0E7) for the following purposes:
- To receive the financial statements and Annual Report of the Association for the financial year ending August 31, 2017
- To elect Directors for the Association
- To appoint the Auditor/s of the Association for the ensuing year
- To transact other business as properly brought before the meeting
The MSBCA Board is seeking the election of ONE Secretary and THREE general committee members to serve TWO consecutive years on the Board of Directors (2017-2018 & 2018-2019).
- Meeting wonderful members and dedicated volunteers
- Developing communication and leadership skills
- Turning visions into projects
- Getting your name out there
- Attending monthly meetings (2 hr) and other duties
- Sharing and exploring ideas
- Demonstrating respect, professionalism and accountability
- Officially representing MSBCA and the Board within the community and public
Nomination process and rules:
- As decided by the membership at AGM 2016, nominations for elections in 2017 and on wards shall be conducted online and within a reasonable time frame to facilitate an orderly planning process.
- Nominations shall be open from Friday, September 1, 2017 until Saturday, September 30, 2017.
- All nominations must be submitted to the official MSBCA website.
- Each candidate must be a member of good standing and have the support of TWO members of good standing.
- Each candidate will be required to answer a few questions such as brief personal bio, interests and goals relating to MSBCA.
- Membership Director and/or Secretary will verify membership status of each candidate and supporting members to ensure eligibility. The Board does not officially endorse any candidate.
- One individual membership = 1 voting ballot. One family membership = 2 voting ballots. Voting must be done in person at the AGM. No proxy votes.
More details to follow once website is ready to accept nominations.
Mind Health Exercise | Moving Meditation | Sitting Meditation | Share & Care
The Mind Health Exercise is a peace promotion initiative
All sessions are free
To attend an intro session, please sign up with email@example.com
The Moving Meditation uses a simple and meditative form of Tai Ji Qi Gong
Tuesday, August 29, 2017 from 3pm to 5pm OR
Sunday, September 3, 2017 from 4pm to 6pm
Held at MSBCA Clubhouse
Tuesday, September 5, 2017 from 3pm to 5pm OR
Sunday, September 10, 2017 from 4pm to 6pm
MSBCA Membership Required
Membership fees applies ($15 or $25 / Year)
Should you decide to join the weekly sessions after attending an intro session.