Sunday, September 17, 2017
10:00am – 1:00pm
Lunch: Chip-in if you prefer to stay for lunch
Members: Free | Non-members: email email@example.com
Please RSVP to Helen Ong at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of commencement: Saturday, September 30
Venue: Centre for Newcomers (1010, 999 36 St NE)
Audience: Ideally, teenagers in the age bracket of 13 years to 18 years
The sessions will be held on:
Sat, Sept 30, Oct 14, 21, 28; Nov 4, 18 (2 – 4 pm)
Friday, Oct 6, Nov 10 (4:30 – 6:30 pm)
Please note: Owing to 2 long weekends on October 7 and Nov 11, sessions for those Saturdays will instead be held Friday evenings, October 6 and Nov 10.
Parents/guardians required to sign a waiver
Interested? – Contact Joyce at 403-473-8812 or Email: email@example.com
Date: Saturday September 9, 2017
Venue: Bowness Park Picnic Site #5
We will endeavour to reach out to as many volunteers as we can by the end of next week. Should we miss you, please do not hesitate to register your attendance by
Registration is mandatory to attend this event
Saturday, September 16, 2017
Meeting Place and Time:
8am at McDonald’s
8235 Bowridge Crescent NW T3B 3R6
$10 car pool fee applies
10km return, 400m elevation
For more details, contact Joyce Yit at 403-473-8812
Date: Sunday, August 27, 2017
Location: MSBCA Clubhouse – #301 – 114 3 Ave SW
Limited Servings – 25 plates
Complimentary Chinese tea
Cooks: Jesse Cheah
Price: Members – $10 / Non-Members – $12
Call or text Ah Hock at 403-880-8885 for pre-order or updates.
In accordance with the Malaysian Singaporean Bruneian Community Association bylaws (MSBCA), notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting for MSBCA (the ‘Association’) is called for and will start at 1:00pm (local time) on Saturday October 7th, 2017 at the MSBCA Clubhouse (#301, 114 – 3rd Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0E7) for the following purposes:
- To receive the financial statements and Annual Report of the Association for the financial year ending August 31, 2017
- To elect Directors for the Association
- To appoint the Auditor/s of the Association for the ensuing year
- To transact other business as properly brought before the meeting
The MSBCA Board is seeking the election of ONE Secretary and THREE general committee members to serve TWO consecutive years on the Board of Directors (2017-2018 & 2018-2019).
- Meeting wonderful members and dedicated volunteers
- Developing communication and leadership skills
- Turning visions into projects
- Getting your name out there
- Attending monthly meetings (2 hr) and other duties
- Sharing and exploring ideas
- Demonstrating respect, professionalism and accountability
- Officially representing MSBCA and the Board within the community and public
Nomination process and rules:
- As decided by the membership at AGM 2016, nominations for elections in 2017 and on wards shall be conducted online and within a reasonable time frame to facilitate an orderly planning process.
- Nominations shall be open from Friday, September 1, 2017 until Saturday, September 30, 2017.
- All nominations must be submitted to the official MSBCA website.
- Each candidate must be a member of good standing and have the support of TWO members of good standing.
- Each candidate will be required to answer a few questions such as brief personal bio, interests and goals relating to MSBCA.
- Membership Director and/or Secretary will verify membership status of each candidate and supporting members to ensure eligibility. The Board does not officially endorse any candidate.
- One individual membership = 1 voting ballot. One family membership = 2 voting ballots. Voting must be done in person at the AGM. No proxy votes.
More details to follow once website is ready to accept nominations.
Mind Health Exercise | Moving Meditation | Sitting Meditation | Share & Care
The Mind Health Exercise is a peace promotion initiative
All sessions are free
To attend an intro session, please sign up with firstname.lastname@example.org
The Moving Meditation uses a simple and meditative form of Tai Ji Qi Gong
Tuesday, August 29, 2017 from 3pm to 5pm OR
Sunday, September 3, 2017 from 4pm to 6pm
Held at MSBCA Clubhouse
Tuesday, September 5, 2017 from 3pm to 5pm OR
Sunday, September 10, 2017 from 4pm to 6pm
MSBCA Membership Required
Membership fees applies ($15 or $25 / Year)
Should you decide to join the weekly sessions after attending an intro session.
MSBCA National Celebration Dinner 2017
Date: Saturday, August 19, 2017
Time: 6:30pm to 9:30pm
Location: MSBCA Clubhouse – #301 – 114 3 Ave SW
• A Yummy Appetizer •
• Satay Bee Hoon •
(Rice Vermicelli with Spicy Peanut Sauce)
A favourite Singapore local dish serve with cuttlefish, shrimps, chicken, beansprouts and Kang Kong. It’s packed with robust spices flavours that go into the nutty sauce.
• Ice Kachang •
A popular Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei dessert with ingredients of red beans, sweet corn and attap chee (palm seed) covered with shaved ice and top with evaporated milk and syrup.
• Complimentary Durian Cake • (1 slice per person)
Members : $15 per person
Non-Members : $20 per person
Jonathan Looi • 403-399-5918
Kathy Teoh • 403-818-1823
Helen Ong • 403-870-1628
Joyce Yit • email@example.com