In accordance with the Malaysian Singaporean Bruneian Community Association bylaws (MSBCA), notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting for MSBCA (the ‘Association’) is called for and will start at 1:00pm (local time) on Saturday October 7th, 2017 at the MSBCA Clubhouse (#301, 114 – 3rd Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0E7) for the following purposes:
- To receive the financial statements and Annual Report of the Association for the financial year ending August 31, 2017
- To elect Directors for the Association
- To appoint the Auditor/s of the Association for the ensuing year
- To transact other business as properly brought before the meeting
The MSBCA Board is seeking the election of ONE Secretary and THREE general committee members to serve TWO consecutive years on the Board of Directors (2017-2018 & 2018-2019).
- Meeting wonderful members and dedicated volunteers
- Developing communication and leadership skills
- Turning visions into projects
- Getting your name out there
- Attending monthly meetings (2 hr) and other duties
- Sharing and exploring ideas
- Demonstrating respect, professionalism and accountability
- Officially representing MSBCA and the Board within the community and public
Nomination process and rules:
- As decided by the membership at AGM 2016, nominations for elections in 2017 and on wards shall be conducted online and within a reasonable time frame to facilitate an orderly planning process.
- Nominations shall be open from Friday, September 1, 2017 until Saturday, September 30, 2017.
- All nominations must be submitted to the official MSBCA website.
- Each candidate must be a member of good standing and have the support of TWO members of good standing.
- Each candidate will be required to answer a few questions such as brief personal bio, interests and goals relating to MSBCA.
- Membership Director and/or Secretary will verify membership status of each candidate and supporting members to ensure eligibility. The Board does not officially endorse any candidate.
- One individual membership = 1 voting ballot. One family membership = 2 voting ballots. Voting must be done in person at the AGM. No proxy votes.
More details to follow once website is ready to accept nominations.